Monday, August 6, 2012

Busy Saturday

Saturday was a busy day for Sarge and I. We had two events to attend: Mason's first birthday party and Jen and Jon's wedding. The birthday party started at two and the wedding started at seven, so I was fairly confident in our ability to make it to both. When I received the invitation to Mason's party, I sent a text to Elisa (his mother) and let her know that we had a wedding the same day and could probably only stay an hour or two. She was perfectly fine with that and was just happy we could come at all. Unsure of the dress for a backyard birthday party, I settled on the new maxi dress I bought for my upcoming European vacation:


(Let me pause here to note that the reason I post pictures of me minus the hubby is because he hates having his picture anywhere on the internet. And, being as he is my husband, I feel like I should respect his wishes. I also try not to post pictures of my friends and family without asking their permission. Unfortunately, that means there may be a lot of pictures of me and no one else.) 

We had a lovely time at Mason's party, although we didn't get to see much of Elisa and her husband due to their hosting duties. We sat with some friends of mine from work. Melissa, her husband Tim, and her one-year-old son Brennan were there and we always enjoy spending time with them. And my friend Jaclyn joined us after a bridal shower she'd attended earlier in the day. We were able to stay for two hours before we had to head home to get ready for the wedding. 

We arrived home and showered for the second time that day (thank you, humidity) and began getting dressed for the wedding. Sarge was a wee bit annoyed that I insisted he wear a purple shirt and tie to match my purple dress, but he eventually got over it. I'm probably biased, but I think he looked very handsome! Here I am, all dressed up:


I was very excited to be attending Jon and Jen's wedding. Jon has been my brother's best friend for years and Jen and I have become friendly over the time they've been dating. I love them both and was thankful that I could be a part of their special day. Jon has such a dry, sarcastic sense of humor and is pretty low-key. Jen is a wild ball of energy with a very loud personality. As soon as she saw me, she launched herself at me, grabbed my butt, and gave me a loud smacking kiss on the lips. Sarge was amused but worried about what her family might think. I laughed and told him that it was a typical Jen move and that they were probably used to her after all these years. 

My brother was in the wedding party and looked very handsome in his tuxedo. We weren't seated at the same table, but he spent time with us between eating and dancing. Sarge is very outgoing, so we made friends at our table rather quickly. The men at the table weren't looking forward to dancing, so us girls took over the dance floor on our own. I did manage to get Sarge up for a few slow dances (including the couple's first dance, which I nearly cried through). All in all, we had a ball! It was a busy Saturday, but a lot of fun.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! You're welcome anytime! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, same goes for you! You're welcome here too!

      Delete
  2. Love that dress! You look gorgeous lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was thinking of heading back to the store and getting the black dress in red.

      I'm still following along on your blog, albeit quietly. And I'm still rooting for you up there in Alaska!

      Delete