I haven't blogged in nearly a year but decided to return in order to participate in the 4th Annual Commenting Challenge over at Jenna's Journey. I always have the best intentions in starting to blog, but I tend to fall away when I realize that I'm talking to myself. I can do that in a paper-and-pencil journal! Nevertheless, I'd love to get involved in a blogging community and this seemed like the perfect way to take that first step.
Today's Commenting Challenge topic is "About Me." In looking back over past blog entries, I've come to realize how many things have changed since I last wrote in this space. Perhaps the biggest change, and by far the most exciting, is the fact that my husband and I are expecting our first child. As of last week's baby shower, I currently look like this:
We are due in September, on my husband's 31st birthday. I will be taking a year off from my job to stay home and take care of
our daughter. This will be the first time in 25+ years that I have not
either attended school or worked full-time. Needless to say, I am a bit
nervous about making the transition! So much of my identity has been tied into my work as a school psychologist and for the next year I will be a stay-at-home mom. Does that make me a "momcologist"? I'm not sure but I'm looking forward to exploring my new role.
I'm not sure if I'll be sticking to all the Commenting Challenge topics, as it's not required. Ideally, I'd like to document my pregnancy thus far (it's been eventful, I'll say that), so maybe I'll start that process this week. We shall see! Until tomorrow, lovelies.
Hi there! I'm stopping by from Jenna's. Welcome back to the blog world!
ReplyDeleteThanks Sandy! I'm hoping to stick around a little longer this time!
DeleteCongratulaions on your soon-to-be little girl! Girls are SO much fun!! Welcome back!
ReplyDeleteVisiting from Jenna's commenting challenge - thanks for stopping by my blog! Congrats on your little one!
ReplyDeleteWorking mom to stay at home...hmmm...still make sure you interact with people (I forgot to do that when I first started staying home), and when you CAN, get up, get dressed, etc. Otherwise you MIGHT fall into a "I'll just stay in my jammies," rut. AND yoga pants count as "getting dressed!"
Thanks for the tip! I'll make sure I get some adult interaction time, even if it's only by phone/FB in the beginning!
Deletestopping over from Jenna's... congrats on your little one!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteHi! Visiting from Jenna's. Congrats on the new baby! Girls are so much fun! Happy blogging!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteStopping by from Jenna's commenting challenge. Congratulations on your baby girl! I was a single mom thanks to adoption, so never got to stay home with my sweet one. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteThanks Merrill!
DeleteVisiting from Jenna's blog. Congratulations on your pregnancy! I can't wait to see how your story turns out :)
ReplyDeleteCame over from Jenna's. Congrats on your baby! You are miles ahead as a psychologist...at least you might know WHY they're doing some of those weird things we all wonder about. :)
ReplyDeleteStaying home was a tough transition for me. A great one, and one that I wanted and loved, but it was still hard. I had to figure out what was important to do for myself so I felt like "me". (Wash my face and put my contacts in. I'm low maintenance!) So, figure out what makes you feel like "you", and do that for yourself regularly. I promise it will help. Give yourself some grace, and remember that every day, you get to start fresh!
Great tip! It's hard to feel like yourself when you can barely recognize your own body, so I can't wait to put this into place once the baby is born!
DeleteStopping by from Jenna's. congratulations on the upcoming arrival of your baby girl. Being a SAHM is the most challenging and rewarding job all at once. I like to still be out and about a lot with the kids. I joined a moms group through meetup that has been a lot of fun and I h e met some thee great moms!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tip! I'll have to see if there's a mom group in my area!
Delete